MedTech and Health Industry Australia
Australia is poised to become a global leader when it comes to medical technologies and it has one of the most robust healthcare system in the world. New fields of medical science, engineering and biomedical research drive the advancement of the industry, which is characterised by the convergence of the demand for digital health and medical technology platforms, as well as a demand for value and a more dynamic diagnostic, clinical trials ecosystem, and medical devices sector.
Australia is well positioned to develop new products and bring innovative ideas to market, especially given its highly skilled workforce and geographical position in the Asia-Pacific Region.
For investment opportunities in MedTech and the Health industry, please refer to:
The Australian government is looking for exceptionally talented professionals in the MedTech, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, medical research, disease management, and health IT, with a demonstrable international record of achievements. The below are examples of some specialisations in the industry, which can be considered for the Global Talent Independent visa:
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Biochemistry and cell biology
- Biomedicine and Bioengineering
- Cell and gene therapies – genomics
- Clinical trials
- Commercialisation experience in the health industry
- Digital health
- Healthcare entrepreneurship
- Health economics
- Implantable and wearable devices (e.g. 3D printed devices, bionics, and prosthetics)
- Infectious disease prevention
- Medical devices
- Medical physics
- Microbiology and immunology
- Nanotechnology and genomics
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Precision medicine
- Point of care diagnostics
- Regenerative medicine
- Pharmaceutical executive and founder of a multi-million dollar global company dedicated to accelerating clinical trial processes by utilising a novel e-platform to track patient data.
- Renowned infectious diseases researcher and practitioner of international repute.
- Senior auditory neuroscientist with a track record of research in health technologies, leading the research and design of cochlear implant technology.
- Biomedical engineer with expertise in medical application of polymers, biomaterials and delivery platforms.
The following experience or professions would not usually meet the parameters of the program:
- General practitioners
- Retail pharmacists
- Aged care workers